Thursday, October 13, 2011

We need a miracle...

We just received notice from the judge that she wants a long list of more documents.  On paper, I work for Brock Williams, Shelter Agency LLC. I hadn't started selling Scentsy at the time of the adoption, and we didn't want anything to coflict with the original paperwork.  According to this judge, it is a "conflict of interest" that Brock signed my letter of employment, even though I am, in fact an employee of Brock Williams, Shelter Agency LLC.  It is also unacceptable to her that we filed joint tax returns.  I don't know how to provide separate tax returns for 2009 and 2010.  We are now also required to provide notarized and apostilled copies of the US Poverty Guidelines as there is no point of reference for her to determine that we have the financial means to provide for Roman.

We have two options:

1.  Do our best to provide her with the information (even if it is seemingly impossible) and pray that she doesn't want anything else.
2.  Drop this case and begin again with a new referral. 

Even if we had the money to start over, neither of us want to.  We can't walk away from Roman.  God is just going to have to make a miracle happen.

This judge has been a judge for three months.  We were told that she was way too lenient in the beginning and got her hand slapped and now her pendulum has swung the other way.  Irina is dumbfounded. She doesn't even know what to tell us to do.  The staff in Russia is completely dumbfounded.  Brock and I are numb and dumbfounded.  The judge is just plain dumb.  The only one who isn't dumbfounded is God and He is silent.

Please pray for us.  Pray for a miracle.  Pray for a change of heart.  Pray that when Tatiana goes to the judge tomorrow that....I don't even know...  Just pray for a miracle.  I am weary to the bone.  I am weary of answering the same question.  I am weary of not having answers.  I am weary of not hearing any good news.  Please just pray for us.  I don't know what God is trying to teach us.  I don't know what we are supposed to be learning or be doing or thinking or feeling.  I just feel broken.  Please forgive me for not having strength to call each of you who deserves a personal phone call.  I don't know how to do this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment